STAYING POSITIVE WHEN OVERWHELMED

For months now, I have been trying to finalize a very important chapter in my life but there has been that one thing getting in the way and slowing me down. At first I didn't pay so much attention to it but after waiting and being hopeful for so long, it's beginning to exhaust me mentally and you know being mentally exhausted affects other aspects of your life.  But through it all, I have been trying to stay positive- it hasn't been easy but I put in a lot of effort. Some of my coping mechanisms are;

  1. GRATITUDE


I go to bed and wake up each day with a very active brain activity, it's always like I was never asleep and this causes me to be overwhelmed but then I breathe, relax and look around me-- then I realise that I am awake, healthy, alive, in my house, with food, water, clothing and other basic amenities then I relax and give thanks and say to myself once there's life, there is hope.

  1. EXERCISE


Sitting in one position, can severely trigger bad thoughts, so I always make sure to move about, do some little joint movement and stretching for about 30 mins to an hour. It helps calm me down.

  1. DAYDREAMING


Okay, this might be a little weird to some lol but it helps me a lot. It prevents me from being distracted or losing focus. It acts as a constant reminder for me to keep going and not lose it. When I daydream, I picture myself in different scenarios and finally achieving that which I have set out. You know they say "You are what you think".

  1. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES


As I journey through life, I must say I make a lot of stupid mistake (unknowingly most of the time). Anytime this happens, I get really hard on myself and feel like I have lost it all. But as I practice point 1 (Gratitude), I try to learn from my mistake and work extra hard to not repeat them. I also look for the positive aspects in these mistakes and take them as valuable life lessons and something to joke about in the future.

  1. TAKING ONLINE LESSONS


Another way I try to stay positive is by practising being creative. I take online language and web designing courses. While this is a good distraction, it is also helping me acquire more knowledge. (Win-win situation).

  1. ENTERTAINMENT


Watching movies and tv series also plays a huge role in helping me stay positive. Tv shows open your eyes to different life characters and they sometimes tell stories that are similar to your life situation which inspires you and reminds you that you are not in this alone. They also make you laugh, which is also a good distraction. Some of the shows that help me through tough times are Glee (RIP my sweet Naya 'Santana' Rivera), Friends, Six feet under (HBO), Modern Family.

#begracefuu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLACK HAIRSTYLE IDEAS FOR THE SUMMER

MOVIE SERIES #3 10 UNDERRATED MOVIES OF 2018

TOP 5 MALE SINGERS (Old School)